1. You must always manage a wooden sword as you would a real sword ; with caution.
2. You must always make an effort to achieve union between mind and sword.
3. Anyone who practices with the sword should understand the mean of all the movements, so that they are not executed carelessly and thoughtlessly
4. The sword is used for kumdo forms, which is formal way to practice the way of the sword.
5. The practice of Kumdo is a way to dicipline and tranquilize as well as purify the body and mind, thus it must not be thought or executed casually.
6. Anyone who practices the sword must be focused and free of hinderence. The practicers must always maintain a collected attitude, and train with dedication
7. Anyone who owns a sword must be considerate of all others, have an open mind and be humble. 8. It must be remembered that practicing with the sword is beneficial for health and life revitalization.
9. Always be grateful to your teacher and show absolute respect for the teaching of the way of the sword. This will allow one to gain wisdom